Accounts Receivable Clerk
To provide financial, clerical and administrative services to ensure efficient, timely and accurate billing to customers.
The Company is subject to certain federal regulations and directives regarding a drug free workplace. Because of the Company’s federal obligations and directives, as an employee of an analytical laboratory such as ARL Bio Pharma Inc., you will be subject to drug and alcohol testing, including random testing. Marijuana is one of the substances included in the drug panel screening. Possession of a medical marijuana license will not excuse you from the testing process, or the consequences of testing positive for marijuana.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Generate and send out invoices
- Carry out billing, collection and reporting activities according to specific deadlines
- Monitor customer account details for non-payments, delayed payments and other irregularities
- Research and resolve payment discrepancies
- Generate accounts receivables aging analysis
- Maintain accounts receivable customer files and records
- Process credit card payments
- Investigate and resolve customer inquiries
- Develop a recovery system and initiate collection efforts
- Communicate with customers via phone, email or mail
- Assist with month-end closing
- Collect data and prepare monthly metrics
- Other duties as assigned
- Adherence to all ARL safety standards, procedures, policies and protocols.
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Sense of urgency
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Information management
- Problem analysis and problem solving skills
- Team member
- Stress tolerance
- Customer service skills
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment.
This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This is a largely sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position.
Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
No overnight travel is anticipated for this position. Some occasional local day travel may be necessary.
Required Education and Experience
- 2-4 years accounts receivable and general accounting experience
- Knowledge of office administration and procedures
- Experience with general bookkeeping procedures
- Knowledge of general accounting principals
- Proficient in QuickBooks, Excel, Word and Outlook
Preferred Education and Experience
- Accounting: 3 years
- Accounts Receivable: 3 years
ARL Bio Pharma, Inc. provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetics or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. ARL Bio Pharma, Inc. expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetics or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Improper interference with the ability of ARL Bio Pharma, Inc. employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants and employees are treated without regard to any of these characteristics.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.