Laboratory Technician - Analytical Lab
Under general supervision, the Laboratory Technician is responsible for working collaboratively with Chemists and performing integral support tasks to ensure overall efficient testing of samples.
1. Adhere to Quality Management System (QMS)
2. Follow prescribed safety rules and regulations in performing all assigned duties
3. Follow written and oral instruction
4. Prepare reagents, solutions, and mobile phases required for testing
5. Perform timely peer review of laboratory notebooks
6. Sample management including retrieval, storage, and disposal
7. Work and think independently, yet share ideas and work towards team goals
8. Use a personal computer including word processing, spreasheets, email and database applications
9. Express thoughts in a clear concise manner both orally and written
10. Work to establish the ability to effectively prioritize and plan multiple work activities with varying deadlines and complexities
1. Technical Capacity
2. Communication Proficiency
3. Problem Solving/Analysis
5. Collaboration Skills
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a laboratory environment. Attendance at the office is required.
While performing the duties of the job the employee is frequently exposed to toxic or hazardous chemicals. The employee will be required to wear all appropriate safety equipment including but not limited to eye protection, gloves, and lab coat. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The role requires standing for prolonged periods of time; dexterity in fingers and hands to perform complex and precise manipulations; ability to walk and stoop; ability to lift and move up to 50 pounds; see in the normal visual range including the ability to distinguish colors and shades and hear in the normal audio range with or without correction.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position.
Days and hours of work are TBD.
No overnight travel is anticipated for this position.
Required Education and Experience
1. High School diploma with 2+ years working experience OR
2. Associate degree in chemistry or related science field OR
3. Bachelor’s degree in chemistry or related science field
Preferred Education and Experience
1. A minimum of an associate degree in chemistry or related science field.
ARL Bio Pharma, Inc. provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetics or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. ARL Bio Pharma, Inc. expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetics or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Improper interference with the ability of ARL Bio Pharma, Inc. employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants and employees are treated without regard to any of these characteristics.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.