Data Review Chemist II - R&D Lab
With moderate guidance, the Data Review Scientist II is responsible for utilizing the Quality Management System (QMS), standard operating procedures (SOP), work instructions (WI), and GMP guidelines to perform quality review and approval of test results and data for compliance. The Data Review Chemist II will independently apply technical aptitude and experience to troubleshoot non-compliant data and work supportively with other Chemists to ensure generation of compliant data. This is a safety sensitive position as defined by state and federal laws that will require working with hazardous materials and/or handling medicine. As a "safety sensitive" classification, you will be subject to drug and alcohol testing, including random testing. Marijuana is one of the substances included in the drug panel screening. Possession of a medical marijuana license will not excuse you from the testing process, or the consequences of testing positive for marijuana.
- Adhere to QMS documentation
- Follow prescribed safety rules and regulations in performing all assigned duties
- Follow written and oral instruction
- Review chromatography data for compliance with QMS and GMP guidelines
- Work and think independently, yet share ideas and work towards team goals
- Use a personal computer including word processing, spreasheets, email and database applications
- Express thoughts in a clear concise manner both orally and written
- Ability to effectively prioritize and plan multiple work activities with varying deadlines and complexities
- Mentor less experienced team members on testing procedures and/or troubleshooting techniques
- Communicate results and general testing information with external clients
- Ability to wear, maintain, and properly use appropriate safety equipment, including, but not limited to eye protection, gloves and lab coat.
- Adherence to all ARL Bio Pharma safety standards, policies, procedures, and protocols
- Technical Capacity
- Communication Proficiency
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Collaboration Skills
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a laboratory environment. Attendance at the office is required.
While performing the duties of the job the employee can be exposed to toxic or hazardous chemicals. The employee will be required to wear all appropriate safety equipment including but not limited to eye protection, gloves, and lab coat. This role frequently uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This position often requires standing for prolong periods of time; dexterity in fingers and hands to perform complex and precise manipulations; ability to walk and stoop; ability to lift and move up to 50 lbs; see in the normal visual range including the ability to distinguish colors and shades and hear in the normal audio range with or without correction.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position.
Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Flexible hours such as early, late and weekend shift may be required.
No overnight travel is anticipated for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- An AS in chemistry or related science with 4+ years industrial experience OR
- A BS in chemistry or related science with 2+ years industrial experience OR
- PhD in chemistry or related science with 0-2 years industrial experience
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry or related science field with 2+ years’ experience in the Pharmaceutical Industry.
ARL Bio Pharma, Inc. provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetics or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. ARL Bio Pharma, Inc. expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetics or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Improper interference with the ability of ARL Bio Pharma, Inc. employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants and employees are treated without regard to any of these characteristics.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.